Here is a view of the choir, looking east in Trinity College
Church. This church was dismantled from its old site in Low
Calton, to enable the railway to be built.
The stones were left on Calton Hill for many years.
Many of the stones were removed in the years before the church was
partially rebuilt on a new site near Jeffrey Street.
picture in this engraving shows the church at its original site.
This engraving is based on one of
the many drawings
of religious buildings from Billings. These were published
book Ecclesiastical Architecture of Scotland, published by
Blackwood & Son, around 1847