Where is Gardyloo Now?
Knowing the history
of GARDYLOO, carrying treated sewage when she sailed regularly from
Leith Docks from 1977 until 1998, I was interested to see that the
vessel later became a water tanker, named SCHOLLAR.
A message posted on the
ShipsNostalgia web site on February 19, 2007 gives the following
- 1999 - GARDYLOO - Sold to Whitaker Tankers
- 2001 - Renamed DELTA TANK - Delta Tank Shipping
- 2004 - Renamed SHOLLAR - Azerbaijan State Caspian
- 2006 - SHOLLAR - Meridian Shipping and Management
- still Azerbaijanian flag.
Peter Stubbs, Edinburgh: February 12, 2013