Leith Harbour

Thomas Vernon Begbie  -  late 1850s

Leith Harbour  -  with timber cantilever bridge in the background

Leith Harbour - Photograph by Begbie

  The Cavaye Collection of Thomas Begbie Prints: City Art Centre, City of Edinburgh Museums and Galleries 

  

Leith Harbour

The cantilever timber bridge just visible to the left of the arched bridge in the background of this photo was replaced by a stone arch around 1920

This photograph appeared in a leather-bound album inscribed from Thomas Begbie to his wife Sarah Elizabeth MacDonald, September 1859.

[TBE]

 

  Buildings:    Canongate Tolbooth     Castle     Free Church    General Post Office Holyrood     John Knox     Maule's   Monuments   Galleries   Old Town     Royal High School     St Giles    St Mary's    Scott Monument    Schools + Hospitals   Looking down

 

 

__________________