Leith Shore 

and Signal Tower

Thomas Vernon Begbie  -  late 1850s

Leith Shore and Signal Tower

Leith Shore and Signal Tower - Photograph by Begbie

  The Cavaye Collection of Thomas Begbie Prints: City Art Centre, City of Edinburgh Museums and Galleries 

  

Leith Shore 

and Signal Tower

The circular tower in this photo, at the end of The Shore, was originally a windmill built in 1686.  Its domed roof was replaced by battlements in the early 19th century.

[TBE]

 

  Buildings:    Canongate Tolbooth     Castle     Free Church    General Post Office Holyrood     John Knox     Maule's   Monuments   Galleries   Old Town     Royal High School     St Giles    St Mary's    Scott Monument    Schools + Hospitals   Looking down

 

 

__________________