Here is the right hand third
of a map surveyed by John Leslie & Son in 1812.
The whole map shows the
lengths of roads within and connected to Cramond District.
This is the right hand third
of the map - the part that includes most detail.
This section of the map shows the southern shore of the
Firth of Forth
from Wardie (close to where Granton Harbour was built in the 1830s) to
described on the map as being 2 miles, 3 furlongs, 9 poles from
The map gives the lengths of
thirty roads. Each has been measured in roods and yards (1 rood = 7 yards).
Please click here to see examples of
This map includes some interesting
- a loch,
sand pit and a quarry
- a fort
These details can
be seen more clearly by zooming-in to
top left, top right, bottom
left or bottom right.