This part of the New Town of
Edinburgh is immediately to the west of the West End of Princes Street.
It was under construction at the time the 1844 map was produced.
Comparison of the 1925 map and the 2001 aerial
view show how little has changed over this period.
The Water of Leith can be seen
winding its way through Dean Village at the upper left of this area.