Walter Raleigh Britton was related to, and possibly partially financed by,
Madame Isobel Roques, formerly of Paris, who with her sister ran Madame
Roques Hat Shop.
The hat shop opened at 7 South St Andrew Street in 1863. From 1875
until 1907 it was based at 16 George Street.
Walter Raleigh Britton
and his company, Britton Photographic
Studio, were based at 79 Princes Street form 1901 until 1910. WR
Britton lived at 16 George Street until 1907.
1908, his home address became 3 Roseburn Cliff. Within a couple of
years of moving, he had closed his studio at 79 Princes Street.
did not appear in the trade directories again until 1915 and 1916.
By then he had moved to 38 George Square Lane. His trade become
Motor Sales Exchange and Garage .