James de Maus appeared in the Edinburgh trade directories with a
studio at 25, Hanover Street in 1864 and 1865.
The carte de visite above
confirms this address. (South Hanover Street was a name
sometimes given to that part of Hanover Street between George Street
and Princes Street.)
However it also gives an address in Moffat. Moffat is in
the Scottish Borders, 42 miles SW of Edinburgh.