There appear to have been two photographers at Leith in
the late 1850s, both named Charles Drummond.
They are listed separately in the trade directories,
but there is a possibility that the entries refer to the same person
working from two addresses.
Drummond (1) was bookseller,
printer and bookbinder, living at 2
Albany Street and with a business at 133 Kirkgate.
He was photographer
His studio at 133 Kirkgate, in 1855, was the first to be established in
Leith. Lecture to EPS on early
photography in Edinburgh by the Edinburgh Librarian, C S Minto.