Was J McPherson who joined Edinburgh Photographic Society in 1863 the same
man as the professional photogrpaher, J
2. Was J McPherson with studio at South Bridge the same man as J McPherson
working from Princes Street a few years later?
3. Did J McPherson work from one or two Princes Street directories. The
address of the Edinburgh School of
Photography, at which he was Manager and Artist, is given as 17
Princes Street in the trade directories. But I have seen some cartes
de visite showing 16 Princes Street and others showing 17 Princes Street.
4. There appears to have been at least one James McPherson. But was
there also a John McPherson or was this an error in the trade directories?
These names appeared in trade directories for J McPherson at 105, then 94,
- J McPherson: in the Post Office Edinburgh & Leith
McPherson: in the New Edinburgh, Leith &
County Directories, 1867-68
John McPherson: in Slater's Directory, 1867
4. Was the National Photographic Gallery described
by McPherson as being at 102 South Bridge the same studio as became
Lawson's National Photographic Gallery at 105 South Bridge?