The EdinPhoto web site includes: History of Photography in Edinburgh, Edinburgh Maps,
History of Edinburgh, Photos of Edinburgh, Edinburgh Recollections, Edinburgh Today
Web site author: Peter Stubbs
email address: email@example.com
If you'd like me to add any recollection, comments or photos to this site, please email me.
Please use the search field below to search:
- the whole web (www) or
- just this site (http://edinphoto.org.uk)
Please ....1. Enter a word or phrase in the empty field above
or .... 2. Click on a link at the TOP any page on this site
or .... 3. SCROLL down this page for more links.
All underlined words and all pictures on the EdinPhoto web site are links.
I've found that adding my photos to Instagram is far easier than adding them to the EdinPhoto site. So I'm still updating EdinPhoto, but I've begun to add more of my own photos and short video clips to Instagram. - Peter Stubbs: May 2015
A new web site, Edinburgh Collected for photos and memories and photos of Edinburgh, was created in 2015 by City of Edinburgh Libraries. You may wish to view that site and , perhaps, contribute to it. Read more here.
Please email me
If you have any memories of Edinburgh or any photos that you'd like to share with others on the EdinPhoto web site, please email me, then I'll try to find an appropriate place on the EdinPhoto web site to include them.
Thank you for the emails
Thank you to the 7,980 people* who have sent messages to me since I set up the EdinPhoto web site in 2001:
- 1,532 from Edinburgh
- 3,028 from elsewhere in Britain
- 3,420 from other parts of the World
Peter Stubbs: January 28, 2012
* These people have all sent 'genuine' messages. They exclude all spam and advertising.
I last counted these numbers on January 28, 2012.
Visitors to EdinPhoto Web Site
Thank you for visiting the EdinPhoto site. There certainly seems to have been a lot of interest in the old photos and recollections of Edinburgh.
Visitors to Date
I created the EdinPhoto web site in 2001 and have updated it almost every day since then. Since 2005, the site has received an average of 14,000 visitors per day from around the world.
The site has been visited by 242 of the 247 countries that currently have access to the Internet. i.e. all countries except Antarctica, Comoros, Galapagos Islands, Mayotte and Western Sahara. so, if you are in one of these five countries, it would be good to hear from you!
Visitors per Day
I compiled the figures above from stats that I downloaded monthly from the web site. Unfortunately, since September 2009, I've not been able to obtain the same stats because FastHosts' Matrixstats program has 'timed out' whenever I've run it. However I have been able to run the job for individual days without it timing out.
Here are the results for a few individual days:
- 22 Aug 2011: 10,094 visitors from 99 countries
- 23 Aug 2011: Visitors from a further 20 countries
- 24 Aug 2011: Visitors from a further 13 countries
- 4 Dec 2014: 21,387 visitors from 113 countries
- 5 Dec 2014: Visitors from a further 14 countries
- 6 Dec 2014: Visitors from a further 9 countries
Please click on this link to see the countries that visitors came from on these six days.
Peter Stubbs, Edinburgh:: August 25, 2011 + December 7, 2014.
The EdinPhoto Web Site
I created the EdinPhoto web site in 2001.
- By January 2007, it had 12,000 pages and 9,000 pictures.
- By January 2008, it had 14,500 pages and 10,100 pictures.
- By January 2010, it had 19,700 pages and 14,300 pictures.
- By January 2011, it had 23,300 pages and 17,000 pictures.
- By January 2012, it had 24,500 pages and 20,100 pictures.
- By January 2015, it had 26,900 pages and 25,800 pictures.
- By January 2017, it had 27,300 pages and 26,000 pictures.
- By 26 April, 2019, it had 27,546 pages and 26,069 pictures.
The pictures numbers above exclude all thumbnail images on the site..
I hope you find something of interest on the site.
- Peter Stubbs: 26 April 2019
My Monthly Photo
However since February 2015, I've been overwhelmed with emails, questions and contributions to the EdinPhoto site, so I've not been able to find the time to add any more monthly photos to the site.
The last monthly photo was added to this EdinPhoto Home Page in
St Mary's RC Cathedral at the top of Broughton Street, Edinburgh:
Please click on this link if you'd like to see links to
a selection of pages on the EdinPhoto web site.