Murray & Campbell had a studio at 68 Princes Street, then at 60
Princes Street between 1875 and 1893.
Presumably, the location of their studio in Princes Street brought in
a lot of passing trade from visitors to Edinburgh who would take
advantage of the costumes on offer. See the advert on the back of
the carte de visite.
Here is another carte de
visite from the same studio: