Stones from the

Sinclair Fountain

INSTALLED BESIDE THE CYCLE PATH

 Steadfastgate, beside Gosford Place, Bonnington.

Stones from the Sinclair Fountain

'A BLESSING ON THE GIVER'

Stones from the Sinclair Fountain, installed beside the cycle path at Steadfastgate, beside Gosford Place, Bonnington, Edinburgh

  Reproduced with acknowledgement to Alan WIlson, Trinity, Edinburgh

 

Sinclair Fountain

Princes Street

The Sinclair Fountain stood near the West End of Princes Street until 1926, when the increase in traffic in Princes Street required the statue to be removed.  It was kept in storage for many years.

Some stones from the fountain were installed beside the cycle path close to the Water of Leith, at Steadfastgate, beside Gosford Place, Bonnington, Edinburgh.

Steadfastgate

Here are some of the stones from the fountain, installed at Steadfastgate..  Inscriptions on the stones read:

1.  A Blessing on the Giver

2.  Drink and be Thankful

3.  Water is not for Man Alone

 

Stones from the Sinclair Fountain, installed beside the cycle path at Steadfastgate, beside Gosford Place, Bonnington, Edinburgh     Stones from the Sinclair Fountain, installed beside the cycle path at Steadfastgate, beside Gosford Place, Bonnington, Edinburgh     Stones from the Sinclair Fountain, installed beside the cycle path at Steadfastgate, beside Gosford Place, Bonnington, Edinburgh

 

Sinclair Fountain  -  Thumbnail pictures

Sinclair Fountain  -  History

 

 

 
 

__________________