Madelvic Car Factory  -  Granton

Stirling Motor Company

1902 - 1905

Stirling Motor Company lorries, built at Granton

This photo shows  Stirling lorries at Joppa passing what today is the Rockville House Hotel

Stirling Lorries,  built at the former Madelvic Car Factory, Granton, 1902-05

  Reproduced with acknowledgement to the Robert Grieves Collection and to Argyll Publishing

 

Stirling Motor Company

Stirling Motor Company used the Madelvic Motors car factory at Granton.

Stirling used the Madelvic factory to build their lorries and buses after buying Kingsburgh Motor Co, the then occupants of the factory, in 1902.

Here are two lorries built by Stirling Motor Company at Granton.

Here are photographs of buses built by Stirling Motor Company at Granton between 1902 and 1905:

A Stirling bus,  built at the former Madelvic Car Factory, Granton, 1902-05, and delivered to Orkney     Stirling buses,  built at the former Madelvic Car Factory, Granton, 1902-05, and delivered to Perth, Western Australia

Acknowledgements

1. Stranger on the Shore  [James Gracie].  Argyll Publishing, 2003.

 2.  Wikipedia web site    3. Granton History Group web site

 

Madelvic Car Factory

Photos of Granton

Around Edinburgh

 

__________________