United Free Church was built 1876-79. The architect was Hippolyte J
Blanc, who went on to become President of Edinburgh Photographic Society
from 1888 to 1891.
photograph is taken from a postcard by an unidentified publisher. The
card was posted on June 10, 1904. The writer wrote that the 'x' (in
ink on the front of the card) indicated the manse. There is a horse
and cart in the street nearby.
Here is another image of the church, this one taken
from the journal, The Building News, August 17, 1894.