view looks to the West along Princes Street from the Scott
the early days, Edinburgh had cable trams, and when the cable broke all
the trams came to a halt. Here at a later date, in 1952, the trams have again come to a halt.
buildings on the north side of Princes Street, on the right-hand side of
this photo housed many of Edinburgh's photographic studios in the 19th
the Scott Monument
towards the West End
with a tram-jam in the centre of the street
Reproduced by courtesy of Evening
News. Click here
for web site details.