The City Hospital was
built as an isolation hospital in 1896 to 1903. It was
constructed from red sandstone.
The hospital was built
at Greenbank Drive, to the south of Morningside. It was well
away from other houses, when built.
About a century later,
it was converted to housing, and is now surrounded by new housing.
The hospital wards lie to the north of the new road, Rattray
This photo looks to
the NE across Rattray Grove towards the western-most hospital
blocks in the row of four blocks all facing onto Rattray Road.