The City Hospital was
built as an isolation hospital in 1896 to 1903. It was
constructed from red sandstone.
The hospital was built
at Greenbank Drive, to the south of Morningside. It was well
away from other houses, when built.
About a century later,
it was converted to housing, and is now surrounded by new housing.
The hospital wards lie to the north of the new road, Rattray
that this photo looks to the west towards one of the hospital blocks,
the other side of which faced onto
the western part of Littlejohn Road.