The City Hospital was
built as an isolation hospital in 1896 to 1903. It was
constructed from red sandstone.
The hospital was built
at Greenbank Drive, to the south of Morningside. It was well
away from other houses, when built.
About a century later,
it was converted to housing, and is now surrounded by new housing.
The hospital wards lie to the north of the new road, Rattray
looks to the NW across Rattray Grove towards one of the old
hospital blocks. New housing can be seen in the background.