B & R Ltd Postcard

Rosslyn Chapel

 

B & R Postcard  - Rosslyn Chapel, with piper and Cameron tartan

  Copyright: For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

B & R Ltd Postcard

Rosslyn Chapel

This card was posted in 1908.

Rosslyn Chapel, with its many religious and other carvings, stands on the edge of the Esk Valley, above Rosslyn Glen, about seven miles to the south-east of Edinburgh. 

It was built in 1446 by William St Clair, third and last Prince of Orkney and has been a place of pilgrimage over the centuries.

[The Rosslyn Association]

Rosslyn

Also in the area is:

-  Rosslyn Castle, visited by Robert Burns, 13 June 1876

-  Hawthornden, visited by Queen Victoria Prince Albert, 14 Sept 1842.

[Rosslyn Exhibition at National Galleries of Scotland, ended July 02]

 

Rosslyn Chapel

B & R Postcards

All Postcards

 

 

__________________