Looking down

Blackfriars Street

Edinburgh Old Town

April 24, 2008

Photograph taken by Charles W Cushman in 1961 - Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh Old Town

  Copyright: Peter Stubbs  -   please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk                                     Photograph taken:  April 24, 2008

June 16, 1961

Photograph taken by Charles W Cushman in 1961 - Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh Old Town

  Indiana University, Charles W Cushman Collection                                                                                              Archive ID:  P12326

 

Enlarge these photos

   Photograph taken by Charles W Cushman in 1961 - Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh Old Town

  Looking down Blackfriars Street  -  2008 

 

Blackfriars Street

1961 and 2008

There appears to have been very little change to the buildings on the left-hand (east) side of the street, looking down the hill towards Cowgate, between 1961 and 2008.

The church was a United Presbyterian Church.  It's no longer in use.  It has the date, 1871, carved above its doorway.

 

Read more about the 1961 Photo

 

Blackfriars Street

Edinburgh Old Town

Around Edinburgh

 

 

__________________