No 73

Broughton Street

Edinburgh

1907

73 Broughton Street, Edinburgh 1907

   Reproduced with acknowledgement to Trustees of National Museum of Scotland  (Photo is from their Scottish Life Archive.)
Please click here to read restrictions applying to the use of this photo.

 

Enlarge this photo

    73 Broughton Street, Edinburgh 1907

 

No 73

Broughton Street

Thank you to John Dickie for providing a copy of this photo from the Broughton History Society Collection.   The picture was included in a Broughton History Society exhibition, held in 2006, with the caption:

1907

"Maria Pacitti's parents, from a village near Naples, opened their shop at No 73 Broughton Street (where the Mediterraneo was until recently) with money borrowed from a brother in Glasgow.  Maria married Sebastian Valente:  the photo shows her and her daughter, Maria Immaculata, in 1907."

Acknowledgement:  John Dickie,  Broughton, Edinburgh:  June 8, 2010

2010

Now, in June 2010,  at 73 Broughton Street there is a Polish restaurant, Pani Solinska.

73 Broughton Street  -  Polish Restaurant, Pani Solinska  -  June 2010

 

Broughton Street Shops & Bars

Please click here to see all Thumbnail Images
OR
click on one of the links below to see the photos

Shops: from 1907

Shops: 1990s (west side) Shops: 1990s (east side)

Bars: 2014-15

Shops: 2014-15 (west side) Shops: 2014-15 (east side)

 

Broughton Street

Recollections

Around Edinburgh

 

 

__________________