The building in
the foreground in this picture was the Palais de Dance,
Fountainbridge, a well known Edinburgh dance hall. It opened
in 1921 and closed in 1967.
The building later
became the Mecca Palais Bingo Hall, but that too closed a few
years ago (around 2000?) when Mecca
opened their new bingo hall at nearby Fountain Park, a new