Here is the Eastern Breakwater of Granton
Granton Harbour was built by the Duke of
Buccleuch and opened by Queen Victoria in June 1838.
The Central Pier of the harbour is 1700
ft long with a breadth of from 18 to 160 ft.
The Western and Eastern breakwaters are
each over 3,000 ft long.
The Western Harbour was once used by many
fishing boats and commercial shipping but has been partially
The Eastern Harbour is still used by
yachts from the Royal Forth Yacht Club which. Until around
1980, the Royal Forth Yacht Club started its races from a white
box on the Eastern Breakwater. Now the Eastern Breakwater is
used by fishermen, fishing by line.