Above are a couple of photos of the gilt-copper sign
on the front of Gladstone's Land, 483 Lawnmarket (part of the Royal
Mile) Edinburgh. These tenements on the north side of Lawnmarket,
Edinburgh were built in the 1550, then redeveloped 1617-20.
The building that has now become Gladstone's Land
was scheduled for demolition in 1934, but was rescued by the National
Trust for Scotland who bought it, fully restored it and fitted with period
furnishings, then opened it to the public as Gladstone's Land.
It is open to the public during the summer months.
Source, for the history of the building:
Peter Stubbs, Edinburgh: January