The two 1908 photos above were taken about five years after
Granton Gas Works were formally opened. These views look to
the north to the gasworks from the vicinity of West Granton Road,
The only structures still standing in
- the railway station on the extreme
right of photo 2, though the railway has now gone.
- the gasholder in the background
of photo 2, but perhaps not for much longer.