voucher below is from the time when
William J Hay lived and worked
at John Knox House, between 1902 and 1942.
was a keen Edinburgh Historian, and is credited with having founded
the Old Edinburgh Club in 1908. The Club still continues to
meet today  and publish its series of
historical notes 'The Book of the Old Edinburgh Club'
of the voucher below includes a brief history of John Knox House.