Leith Nautical College was
originally founded as Leith Navigation School in 1855. It was based
in several buildings in Leith in the 19th century.
In 1903, it changed its name
to Leith Nautical College and moved to new premises in Commercial Street
Leith in 1903.
By 1974, the college had over 2000 students, but it came under threat
as Britain's merchant fleet reduced in the 1980s. It eventually
closed in 1987.