Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

St Cuthbert's Church
and North Loch

St Cuthbert's Church and North Loch

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  St Cuthbert's Church and the North Loch

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

St Cuthbert's Church  -  and the North Loch

Here is a delightful view looking across the North Loch  (now West Princes Street Gardens with its Victorian fountain) towards St Cuthbert's church (now near the junction of Lothian Road and the West End of Princes Street.)

The steep face of Edinburgh Castle rock is on the left of this picture.

 

 

__________________