Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth  -  beside St Giles Cathedral

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Old Tolbooth beside St Giles Cathedral

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

The Old Tolbooth

This view of the Old Tolbooth is after a painting by A. Naysmith.

This Tolbooth was close to St Giles Cathedral (seen on the right of this view.  It has since been demolished.  This has allowed a very narrow stretch of The Royal Mile to be widened.

Looking down the Royal Mile
towards the Old Tolbooth

    Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Heart of Midlothian

 

 

 

__________________