Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Royal Exchange

The Royal Exchange  -  In the High Street opposite St Giles Church

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Royal Exchange

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

The Royal Exchange

The Royal Exchange, in the High Street, almost opposite St Giles Cathedral is now the home of the City of Edinburgh Council. 

The back of the Royal Exchange has many more floors.  It faces onto Cockburn Street

Unfortunately, the attractive cobbled square seen in this view is now used as a car park.

 

 

 

__________________