Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

John Knox House

and

Moubray House

 

LEFT:  Moubray House .    CENTRE:  John Knox House

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  John Knox House

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

John Knox House

and Moubray House

This engraving is from a drawing by T Allan in Caledonia Illustrated in 1838.

It shows a busy scene in Edinburgh's old cobbled High Street.

John Knox House is in the centre of the picture, with the figure of John Knox in the pulpit that forms a feature on the corner of the 1st floor of John Knox House.

The house on the left of John Knox House, with the gable and staircase is Moubray House, built around 1630

 

 

 

__________________