Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Canongate Tolbooth

Canongate Tolbooth

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Canongate Tolbooth

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Canongate Tolbooth

This is one of many engravings in Old & New Edinburgh by D Small.

Canongate Tolbooth lies on the north side of Canongate, almost opposite the Museum of Edinburgh.  Canongate is the lower portion of the Royal Mile, stretching from Netherbow down the hill to Holyrood.

Canongate Tolbooth with its clock is a familiar site to Members of Edinburgh Photographic Society.  The building has featured on the society's letterheads, syllabuses and Exhibition Acceptance Labels for many years.

EPS Exhibition Acceptance Labels
featuring the Canongate Tolbooth

 

 

 

__________________