Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Moray House

Moray House

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  - Moray House

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Moray House  -  The Canongate

This engraving is from a drawing by Shepherd, published in 1829.

Moray House lies on the south side of the Canongate.  Moray House is now a College of Education for training teachers, with premises teacher's training, with premises elsewhere in Edinburgh.

However, these distinctive gateposts can still be seen in the Canongate today 2002.

 

 

 

 

__________________