Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

St Andrew's Church

St Andrew's Church  -  George Street

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  St Andrew's Church in George Street

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

St Andrew's Church

St Andrew's Church lies on the north side of George Street, close to St Andrew Square.

St Andrew's Church is now St Andrew & St George's Church.  It was from here that the ministers walked out in the Disruption of 1843, to form the Free Church of Scotland.

Across the road from St Andrew's Church was the Old Physicians' Hall.

 

 

 

__________________