Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

St Andrew Square

St Andrew Square  -  The Melville Monument

Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh -  The Melville Monument in St Andrew Square

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

St Andrew Square

St Andrew's Square was, for most of the 19th and 20th centuries, the home of the Head Offices of many of Edinburgh's insurance companies and banks. 

Between 1863 and 1885, Edinburgh Photographic Society held its meetings at the National Bible Society Rooms, 5 St Andrew Square.

 

Engravings

Thumbnail images

Edinburgh Old Town

The Royal Mile

Edinburgh Castle

Edinburgh New Town

Distant Views of Edinburgh

Around Edinburgh - North + East

Around Edinburgh - West + South

Churches

Schools

 Leith

 

 
 

__________________