village of Broughton was about a mile to the North of central
engraving here was described in Old & New Edinburgh
of the village of Old Broughton, 1852
from a drawing by George W Simson.
W Simson RSA was one of a family of
artists in Edinburgh. He was also a member of the
Photographic Society of Scotland, and was in partnership briefly
as Simson & McCraw, Photographers.