Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Donaldson's Hospital

    

Donaldson's Hospital

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  Donaldson's Hospital

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

 

Donaldson's Hospital

Donaldson's School -  now a School for the Deaf - is at West Coats, about a mile to the west of the West End of Princes Street.  It was opened in 1850 by Queen Victoria.  It is reported that she suggested exchanging it for her Holyrood House.

Completed:  1851        Architect: WH Playfair

 

 

 

__________________