Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Greyfriars Church

Greyfriars Church

Engraving from 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -   Greyfriars Church

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

    

Greyfriars Church

Greyfriars Church is situated about a quarter of a mile to the south-east of Edinburgh Castle, with a good view across the Grassmarket to the castle.

It was opened in 1620, and was the location for the signing of the National Covenant in 1638.

Hill & Adamson took some early calotype photographs in Greyfriars graveyard. 

[Modern Athens]

 

 

 

__________________