Engraving from Old & New Edinburgh - published 1890

Dean Bridge

 

Dean Bridge and Randolph Cliff

Engraving in 'Old & New Edinburgh'  -  The Dean Bridge and Randolph Cliff

  For permission to reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

 

Dean Bridge

Telford's Dean Bridge in this photo was built in 1832 to provide a direct route from the City Centre to South Queensferry and the north.

This replaced the earlier route with its steep climbs down to Dean village and back.

The steep slope on the left in this picture is Randolph Cliff

 

Engravings

Thumbnail images

Edinburgh Old Town

The Royal Mile

Edinburgh Castle

Edinburgh New Town

Distant Views of Edinburgh

Around Edinburgh - North + East

Around Edinburgh - West + South

Churches

Schools

 Leith

 

 

__________________