Advert on the side of a James CC Ferguson's
2 November 2014
1. I discovered in 2013 that a model of this truck had, indeed been
made by Corgi some time ago.
2. It was no longer a current model in the Corgi range, but I found one
of the models on eBay and bought it.
3. The model that I bought is No 147 from a limited edition of 1500
trucks produces by Corgi. It is part of Corgi's 'Hauliers of Renown'
4. I visited the the farm owned by James CC Ferguson (Haulage
Contractor) at Milton of Campsie, in the hills above Glasgow and saw the truck
and others parked on his land.
5. I learnt that the company had won a recent award for their trucks.
I don't know the exact title of the award, but the trucks certainly looked good
parked on the hillside. I took a few photos of them.
6. I had the Corgi model with me, so I photographed the model beside
the full-size truck.
7. For Christmas 2013 I ordered a couple of mugs, featuring some of the
photos that I had taken at Milton of Campsie.
8. I took photos, today, of the Corgi model, and of the mugs featuring
photos of some of James CC Ferguson's trucks in the landscape and the Corgi
truck beside the full-size trucks.
9 Maybe, some day, I'll add some of these photos to the EdinPhoto
Peter Stubbs, Edinburgh: November 3, 2014