Postcards

Warrender Park Road

 

Postcard by an unidentified publisher  -  Lauderdale Street

  Copyright: To reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

Pack of Postcards by an unidentified publisher  -  Lauderdale Street

  Copyright: To reproduce, please contact peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk

Postcards

Warrender Park Road

Warrender Family

Warrender Park Road lies a short distance to the south of Bruntsfield Links, and about a mile to the south of Princes Street.  It was built on the estate of the family of Warrender.  Bruntsfield estate was purchased by George Warrender, then Baillie, later Lord Provost, 1713-14.

Ref:  Notes by Charles B Boog Watson in History and Derivation of Edinburgh Street Names:  Edinburgh Corporation City Engineers Dept

Edinburgh Tenements

The cards were sold in packs of eight , packed in a window envelope, with a sheet of tissue between each card.

This street of tenements is typical of many that were built in Edinburgh in the late 19th century.

The buildings in this view appear very similar today [2004] - but today it might be difficult to find a parking space.

 

 

All Postcards

 

 

__________________