marked Gypsy Brae with red dots on the 1925 map and on the 2001 view of
Edinburgh Waterfront, above.
was drawn in 1925, Gypsy Brae was the only road down to the Firth of Forth
in this area. It ran between Granton Gas Woks and Granton House,
about a mile to the west of Granton Harbour.
Around the mid-1900s.
- West Shore Road was built (blue
- Some land was reclaimed from the
Firth of Forth, N of this road.
- Marine Drive was built (green dots
above) leading to Silverknowes
- Gypsy Brae was closed (red dots above).
It became enclosed within an enlarged Granton Gas Works' site.
House, immediately to the west of Gypsy Brae, was destroyed in a fire on 1