2 - The Duke of Wellington - 1885
second photograph above, also by JCH Balmain, shows a view looking to the south across the
old, narrower North Bridge from beside the bronze statue of the Duke
of Wellington outside Register House at the East End of Princes
the top floor of the buildings at the left side of the street are
the studios of Lawrie & Mitchell,
who were based at 25 North Bridge from 1864 until 1894.
board to the right ot Wellington's head is an advert for Cumming
Brothers, photographers, who were based at 63 North Bridge from
1882 until 1885.