Street Lights

North Bridge

North Bridge

Street Lights

Lamp Posts on George IV Bridge - 2011

  peter.stubbs@edinphoto.org.uk
Photo taken January 28, 2011

 

Enlarge this picture

   Lamp Posts on George IV Bridge - 2011

 

North Bridge

Street Lamps

The lamp posts in North Bridge are reproductions of the original style of lamp post installed on the bridge when it opened around 1900.  These reproduction lamp posts were installed on the bridge in 1992.

In this photo we look to the south up the east pavement of North Bridge towards the Royal Mile.  This photo was taken at about 5.15pm on a January afternoon.

The bus at the bottom of this photo has stopped at a bus stop approaching the 'Royal Mile' crossroads.  The bus is in the new 'Lady Victoria' livery used for Lothian Buses' Routes 3 and 3A.  These routes run past the Lady Victoria Colliery (now a museum) at Newtongrange, Midlothian

Zoom-in

Here we zoom-in on one of these lamp post brackets and lanterns:

Zoom-in to one of the Lamp Posts on George IV Bridge with Moon in the Backgroun - 2011

 

Street Lighting

North Bridge

 Around Edinburgh

 

 

__________________