Old and New Housing
The City Hospital was
built as an isolation hospital in 1896 to 1903. It was
constructed from red sandstone.
The hospital was built
at Greenbank Drive, to the south of Morningside. It was well
away from other houses, when built.
About a century later,
it was converted to housing, and is now surrounded by new housing.
This view looks to the
west along Rattray Grove, with some of the new housing on both
sides of the road, and the old wards of the City Hospital in red
sandstone, now converted to housing, on the right.