Tweeddale Court can be found down a short
close leading to the south from the Royal Mile, almost opposite John Knox
The house at the back of the court is
Tweeddale Mansion. It was bilt for the daughter of the first
Earl of Lothian.
It later became the Head Office of the
British Linen Bank. From 1817 to 1973, the building was occupied by
the publishers Oliver & Boyd.