Muirhouse Mansion is an 'A listed' Gothic mansion beside the Firth of
Forth. It was built in 1832, on the Muirhouse Estate, home of the
Davidson family from 1776.
designed by Richard and Robert Dickson who also designed Leith Town Hall.
Leith Town Hall
mansion is situated close to Silverknowes Caravan Park and overlooks the
Firth of Forth. It was used by Robb &
Campbell Harper Studios Ltd,
photographers from 1971 until the 1983, then as offices for an advertising
agency, but has been empty since 1999
building is now being offered for sale at a price of £650,000 by Edinburgh
Council, with the prospect of a hotel, a children's nursery and flats
being created in the building.