painting, hangs in the Presbytery Hall of The Free Church of
Scotland. It measures 12ft x 4ft 8ins. It took Hill from 1843 until 1866
to complete - and it is believed that it may, in fact, have been completed
by his wife.
painting was purchased by the Free Church of Scotland for £1,500,
raised by public appeal, in 1866.
Presbytery Hall, where the painting hangs, was built in the Victorian
revival 17th century Jacobean style. It measures 58 feet by 28
feet with a ceiling height of 23 feet. [GFCS]