This building was the Head Office of the British Linen Bank.
It was designed by David Brice and built as near the SE corner of
St Andrew Square in 1851-52. It replaced an earlier bank
building on this site. The site was acquired by the bank in
The building has six Corinthian columns. The statues on
the parapet represent areas of interest to the British Linen Bank
at the time that the building was constructed. They are to: